Gide has advised Primonial Group, Europe’s leading independent real estate investment and asset management company, as well as its Management in the context of this prospective transaction with Altarea, France's leading real estate developer and leader in urban transformation.
The acquisition of the first 60% block should take place in the first quarter of 2022, and would be followed by the acquisition of the remainder of the capital in the first quarter of 2024.
The scope of the prospective transaction includes the real estate asset management (EUR 30 billion of real estate assets under management) and distribution activities (EUR 12 billion of advised assets), as well as a 15% minority stake in La Financière de l'Echiquier (EUR 13 billion of financial assets under management), with the remaining 85% of the capital to remain in the hands of the current shareholders (the Management, Bridgepoint, Latour Capital, and Société Générale Assurances).
This transaction will create an independent leader in savings, investment and real estate development, a group without equal in Europe.
Gide's team advising Primonial comprised partner Caroline Lan, working with associates Mathilde Faure and Marguerite Drouard on corporate/M&A aspects; partner Guillaume Goffin and associates Perrine Soupault and Céline Curatola on regulatory matters; and partner Franck Audran and associate Mehdi El Alem Champeaux on antitrust aspects.
 Real estate funds, life insurance, savings and investment solutions, etc.