Our M&A practice group is organised to coordinate, as applicable with its leading correspondent law firms, all aspects of heavy and complex multijurisdictional operations (mergers & acquisitions, tax, antitrust, financing, due diligence).
- PFR / Bank Pekao / Unicredit: advising on the acquisition of 32.8% of shares in Bank Pekao from UniCredit S.p.A.
- Portfolio of 85 hotels - AccorHotels / Eurazeo: advising AccorHotels on the sale of a portfolio of 85 budget and mid-range hotels located in Europe (real estate assets and business assets). These hotels are part of Grape Hospitality, a platform dedicated to hotel accommodation that is 70% owned by Eurazeo and 30% by AccorHotels.
- RBS Asia Limited: advising CA-CIB on the acquisition of RBS Asia Limited, a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Scotland NV, which controls RBS Korean and Hong Kong market activities in Asia.
- Société Générale / Central Europe: advising Société Générale on the acquisition of Banque PSA Finance assets in central Europe.
- ABC / China / Africa: advising Agricultural Bank of China, one of China’s Big Four banks, on the establishment of a bank in the Republic of Congo, the Sino-Congolese Bank for Africa (BSCA).
- HNA Tourism Group / Pierre et Vacances : advising the tourism division of the Chinese conglomerate HNA Group on its 10% equity investment in Euronext Paris-listed Pierre et Vacances SA.
- PSA ChangAn: advising PSA Peugeot Citroën on the creation of a 50-50 joint venture in China with China ChangAn Automobile, with a view to manufacturing and marketing in China several ranges of light commercial vehicles and personal vehicles. Advice also covered the introduction of the DS Citroën range in the country, as well as the launch a new market-specific brand.
- Eurostar International Limited: advising SNCF on the creation of Eurostar International Limited, a company operating the Eurostar international traveller transport service.
- Areva T&D: advising Areva on the sale of its Transmission and Distribution (T&D) activity to the Alstom and Schneider consortium.
- Polkomtel: advising KGHM Polska Miedź S.A., Polish leader in the extraction of copper and silver, on the sale of its 25% stake in the capital of Polkomtel S.A. to Zygmunt Solorz-Zak.
- Rosbank Russie: advising the Société Générale bank on the application of its option to acquire 30% of the capital of Rosbank, held by Interros (on top of the 20% it already owns).
Özdirekcan Dündar Şenocak Ak is the affiliate firm in Turkey of Gide Loyrette Nouel and leverages this relationship in cross-border transactions involving Turkish law. Bülent Özdirekcan and Arpat Şenocak co-lead a team admired for its ‘diligent and practical approach‘ and ‘high level of collaboration‘. Associate Pınar Veziroğlu Dilek is involved across all matters.
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Turkey - Commercial / Corporate & M&A
‘Trusted advisor‘ Gide Loyrette Nouel utilises an integrated structure, bringing together corporate and M&A specialists – under the guidance of Dariusz Tokarczuk – with practitioners whose core competencies centre around banking and finance, private equity, and venture capital – led by Paweł Grześkowiak. In terms of sector focuses, mining and heavy industries are the standouts. Recently, highlights have included creation and liquidation of comapnies, assistance with registration proceedings, and financing of operations.
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Poland - Commercial / Corporate & M&A
The M&A and corporate team at GIDE LOYRETTE NOUEL assist a series of major Moroccan and multinational clients on high-magnitude M&A transactions in Morocco and the wider Sub-Saharan Africa region. In addition, the team is regularly involved in capital market transactions for local and foreign issuers. Hospitality, tourism, energy, healthcare and real estate are key areas for the team which is headed by Simon Auquier , an expert in joint ventures, acquisitions and restructuring, both domestically and internationally. Senior Counsel Chloé Joachim De Larivière specialises in M&A, private equity and corporate law in North Africa.
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Morocco - Commercial / Corporate & M&A
Gide Loyrette Nouel is an international law firm with a longstanding presence in the country and a strong energy practice. The firm advises on a wide array of matters, ranging from the setting up of capital investment funds to acquisitions and joint ventures across a range of industries, including oil and gas, automotive and pharmaceuticals. The firm advises on landmark transactions in the region, with a highlight including its advice to Total on setting up a joint venture with Sonatrach for a major petrochemical project and the corresponding project financing. Samy Laghouati heads the team and has wide-ranging experience in acting for public bodies and foreign investors, especially in the energy sector. Laghouati is supported by counsel Xavier Lecomte, who is based in the Paris office.
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Algeria - Commerical / Corporate & M&A
A French firm with offices globally, Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. is especially noted for its public M&A and private equity work, having recently handled headline deals in the energy, financial services, technology, healthcare and life sciences sectors. Practice head Olivier Diaz is one of the market’s star names for LBOs, public and private acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. Further standout names include Anne Tolila, who often handles M&A operations for growth companies, and Jean-Gabriel Flandrois, an expert in distressed M&A. Charles de Reals complements his transactional prowess with knowledge of securities law and corporate governance matters.
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Mergers & Acquisitions
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. is particularly active in the large and upper-mid cap market segments. The practice is well known for its work on cross-border transactions, leading on Total's acquisition of the Energías de Portugal’s portfolio of 2.5m customers and combined cycle power plants. Olivier Diaz, who is described as an 'excellent technician' leads the department, specialising in acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. The team has deep bench strength, with key names including Charles de Reals, Julien David, Christophe Eck and Jean-Gabriel Flandrois. It was further strengthened by the arrival of Jean-François Louit and Caroline Lan who joined from Mayer Brown in September 2019.
Legal 500 EMEA 2021