With this in mind, we advise companies on restructuring, as well as their shareholders or creditors partaking in the negotiations, banking institutions in particular. We also frequently act for investors specialised in turnaround operations to negotiate the conditions for investment in restructured companies.
Gide acts for banks, financial institutions, borrowers, actors in collective actions, specialists in company turnaround operations, state bodies, creditors, shareholders, managers of companies experiencing financial difficulties, and regulators.
We assist clients in all aspects of the safeguard and court-ordered receivership or liquidation proceedings.
Our lawyers are experienced in managing, for French and foreign groups alike, situations resulting from the launch of a collective procedure by one or several subsidiaries in France. Our practice also covers international bankruptcies.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. assists investors, distressed companies and lenders. The practice is representing Partouche and Financière Partouche with its safeguard proceedings and litigation. Caroline Texier and Gabriel Sonier are highly experienced.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017
- Selective Beauty: advising the investment fund Investindustrial, specialised in turnaround situations, on the acquisition of Selective Beauty, in court-ordered receivership.
- Groupe Sernam: advising Sernam Group in the context of the court-ordered receivership of Financière Sernam and Sernam Services, and the court-ordered liquidation of Aster.
- Eurotitrisation / Cœur Défense: advising Eurotitrisation, company managing the FCT Windermere XII Fund, main creditor of company Heart of La Défense (credit worth EUR 1.6 billion) placed under safeguard proceedings by the Paris Commercial Court.
- Seafrance: advising LDA (France) and DFDS (Denmark) on the attempted acquisition of Seafrance, a French ferry company in court-ordered receivership.
- Orco Property Group: advising OPG, Luxembourg-based real estate company listed on the Paris stock exchange, on all aspects of the safeguard proceedings opened in Paris.
Broad expertise drawing on the firm's capabilities in M&A, financial matters and litigation. Represents both creditors and lenders. Recently acted for a number of clients in the publishing sector. The team is recommended by clients for its knowledge and dedication: 'They have a high level of expertise and commitment. They work extremely well and extremely hard,' a client says. A further interviewee describes the lawyers as an 'experienced and effective team.' Work highlights: Assisted Groupe Partouche and Financière Partouche with the renegotiation of their financial debt. Advised EPI (Européenne de participations industrielles) on the reorganisation of publisher Editions Jalou.
Clients describe senior statesman Gabriel Sonier as 'very technical, experienced and wise.' He has played an instrumental role in the development of insolvency law in France and is considered an eminent figure in the market. 'He is one of the best in France in the field – he knows all the people involved in restructuring. He is very experienced and is well connected,' sources say. He recently advised Sophia Publications on its reorganisation plan. Caroline Texier skilfully handles insolvency proceedings, including out-of-court negotiations, and debt restructurings. She is active in cross-border matters, particularly at the European level. She recently advised Traxys on the receivership of Griset. Clients say that 'she is extremely quick to respond and absolutely on top of her subject,' adding that 'she is extremely competent and dedicated.'
Chambers Europe 2017
Gabriel Sonier continues to be a much-revered figure in the French restructuring and insolvency market. Sources highlight his expertise. Dual-qualified in the USA and France, up-and-coming partner Caroline Texier earns praise from commentators as a 'serious and hard-working lawyer'.
Chambers Global 2015