With this in mind, we advise companies on restructuring, as well as their shareholders or creditors partaking in the negotiations, banking institutions in particular. We also frequently act for investors specialised in turnaround operations to negotiate the conditions for investment in restructured companies.
Gide acts for banks, financial institutions, borrowers, actors in collective actions, specialists in company turnaround operations, state bodies, creditors, shareholders, managers of companies experiencing financial difficulties, and regulators.
We assist clients in all aspects of the safeguard and court-ordered receivership or liquidation proceedings.
Our lawyers are experienced in managing, for French and foreign groups alike, situations resulting from the launch of a collective procedure by one or several subsidiaries in France. Our practice also covers international bankruptcies.
Gabriel Sonier continues to be a much-revered figure in the French restructuring and insolvency market. Sources highlight his expertise. Dual-qualified in the USA and France, up-and-coming partner Caroline Texier earns praise from commentators as a 'serious and hard-working lawyer'.
Chambers Global 2015
- Selective Beauty: advising the investment fund Investindustrial, specialised in turnaround situations, on the acquisition of Selective Beauty, in court-ordered receivership
- Groupe Sernam: advising Sernam Group in the context of the court-ordered receivership of Financière Sernam and Sernam Services, and the court-ordered liquidation of Aster
- Eurotitrisation / Cœur Défense: advising Eurotitrisation, company managing the FCT Windermere XII Fund, main creditor of company Heart of La Défense (credit worth EUR 1.6 billion) placed under safeguard proceedings by the Paris Commercial Court
- Seafrance: advising LDA (France) and DFDS (Denmark) on the attempted acquisition of Seafrance, a French ferry company in court-ordered receivership
- Orco Property Group: advising OPG, Luxembourg-based real estate company listed on the Paris stock exchange, on all aspects of the safeguard proceedings opened in Paris