Gide’s involvement in the sports sector goes well beyond the files we handle: it is a question of culture!
Indeed, our firm is involved in the sector via its pro bono activities, and some of our lawyers are active members of sports clubs or are members of professional organisations in the sports community. Partner Carole Malinvaud for instance, a specialist in international arbitration, has recently been appointed member of the International Council of Arbitration for Sport (ICAS) and chair of the Ordinary Arbitration Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Gide supports Sport dans la Ville, France’s main NGO for integration via sports. During the Euro 2016, Gide assisted in organising an international charity football tournament that brought together international teams of young players from partner charities of 80 different countries.
A dedicated cross-disciplinary team
Gide assists its clients in all sports (football, rugby, handball, athletics, sailing, tennis, motor racing, swimming, etc.).
Our dedicated cross-disciplinary team brings together specialists who can work with all sports industry players on all their projects: infrastructures, disputes, sponsoring, merchandising, intellectual property and audiovisual rights, employment law, investments and acquisitions.
Gide also defends the interests of its clients before national and international ordinary and sports bodies, as well as in arbitration procedures.
A unique track record
Our Sports team draws on the unique expertise of our lawyers, who are involved in major sports projects both in France and abroad:
- AJA Football - Advising the Chinese heavyweight of packaging, ORG Packaging Co. Ltd, on the acquisition of a majority stake in AJA Football.
- Fédération Française de Tennis - Offering comprehensive advice to the French tennis federation on implementing its modernisation project for the Roland Garros stadium.
- Paris Saint-Germain - Regular counsel to the PSG football club: refurbishment of the Parc des Princes stadium, project for a new training centre, points of sale, official merchandising and, more recently, organising the structure for the PSG eSports teams.
- Beijing Olympic Games, 2008 - As part of the preparation for the Beijing Olympics in 2008, providing legal assistance for the financing, construction and operation of the Beijing National Stadium (China).
- Stade de France stadium - Regular legal counsel to the Stade de France consortium.
- Fédération Française de Voile - Assisting the French sailing federation in an arbitration procedure pertaining to the Vendée Globe and Trophée Jules Verne sailing competitions.
- Paris Olympic Games application for 2024 - Supporting the City of Paris’ application for the 2024 Olympic Games (advising the public interest group in public procurement and infrastructure).