Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2006, partner Simon Auquier specialises in mergers & acquisitions and corporate law. After four years spent at the firm's Paris headquarters, Simon moved to the Casablanca office in early 2010, where he works on corporate acquisitions and divestments, and acquisitions of equity holdings, as well as investment and industrial partnership projects for foreign investors seeking to move into Morocco and/or expand their existing investments in the country. In addition, he works for Moroccan clients in the context of joint-ventures with foreign partners, acquisitions in Morocco, etc.
Simon also assists both Moroccan and foreign clients on their investment projects in sub-Saharan Africa, and over recent years has been involved in a number of major acquisition and investment projects, not only in West Africa, but also further afield, in various African sub-regions. Recent experience:
- Advising a leading Moroccan real estate/tourism group on the outsourcing of part of their hotel and tourism business (together with the associated real estate);
- Advising the ARIF fund on the acquisition of a minority stake (EUR 10M) in the capital of Mass Céréales Al Maghreb;
- Advising Wendel on the acquisition of a minority stake (EUR 100M) in the capital of the Saham Group, a pan-African insurance group based in Morocco;
- Advising Aabar Investments PJS (Abu Dhabi investment fund) on the negotiation and implementation of the first potential investments made by the Wessal Capital fund (a joint venture set up between Qatar Holding LLC, the Kuwait Investment Authority, the Moroccan Tourist Development Fund and Aabar Investments PJS to invest in the Moroccan tourism industry);
- Advising International Finance Corporation (IFC, World Bank Group) on the acquisition of a stake in the capital of HEM (Moroccan higher education group).
Simon graduated from ESSEC (French business school) and the University of Paris II (Magistère de Juriste d’Affaires / DJCE). He speaks French and English.