Paweł Grześkowiak heads the Banking & Finance Department of Gide’s Warsaw office. He specialises in banking and finance projects (secured and structured lending operations), private equity and M&A transactions, with extensive experience in stock exchange law, securities, securitisation and infrastructure investment projects.
Paweł is ranked as a recommended Banking & Finance and Private Equity lawyer by Legal 500, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global, and winner of the "Forbes Professionals 2012 – Professions of Public Trust" award in the Advocates category.
His recent experience includes:
- advising Polski Fundusz Rozwoju (PFR) on negotiating a loan granted by bank PKO BP for the acquisition of shares in bank PKO S.A.;
- advising Unibail-Rodamco on refinancing the Arkadia shopping centre in Warsaw, the largest shopping centre in Poland;
- advising mBank on an investment loan granted to a company from the security sector to finance the current operations of the borrower and refinancing the acquisition;
- advising KGHM on financing facilities of USD 2.5 billion and PLN 2 billion, granted by a consortium of Polish and international banks and by the EIB respectively;
- advising Leonardo, an Italian aircraft manufacturer, on proceedings for the award of a public procurement contract for the supply of eight M-346 Master training aircraft for the Polish Ministry of Defence;
- advising Enterprise Investors, a private equity fund, on its largest projects carried in Poland, in particular in the IT and automotive parts sectors;
- advising Insight Investment, a UK private equity fund, on the acquisition of agricultural companies in Poland;
- advising Grupa Azoty on the acquisition of 55% of the shares in African Investment Group, a Senegalese company holding mining concessions for phosphates and ilmenites in Senegal;
- advising French insurance company Groupama on the sale of Proama, Groupama's Polish insurance branch, to Generali PPF.