Partner Olivier Dauchez specialises in French and international tax law. He has acquired particular expertise in the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, real estate investments, structured finance and project and asset financing.
He also advises on personal tax matters and is active in tax litigation, including assisting in tax audits and litigation before tax courts.
Consistently ranked among the leading professionals in tax by international legal guides, Olivier Dauchez has been cited as a “remarkable” lawyer, who shows ”impressive skills in managing high-level strategy” (Legal 500 EMEA 2017) and has been cited as having a "very strong knowledge of all tax issues” and being “well informed about trends and evolutions in the market” (Chambers Europe 2017). Olivier is also recognised among the best specialists in Taxation by Best Lawyers in France (since 2018) and International Who's Who of Business Lawyers. He is cited as a leading global tax lawyer by Tax Directors Handbook, and is considered "incontournable" (top tier ranking) by French review Décideurs.
Olivier has taken part in the following seminars:
- London, 2021 - 10th IBA London Finance and Capital Markets Tax Conference: structured financing and distressed restructuring
- Paris, 2020 - IACF : Current international tax case law
- Paris, 2020 - Paris, 2018 - Interviews of the Conseil d'Etat in public economic law: participant in the debate on "International taxation to be reinvented?"
- Munich, 2015 - ABA IFA IBA US Europe Annual tax planning: Co-chair of the panel on BEPS Update attendant Robert Stack from US IRS International Affairs
- New York, 2013 - International Tax Institute: Cross-Border Debt Push-Downs in M&A Transactions: Selected Tax issues
- Paris Chartered Institute of Taxation/ IACF - International aspects of the new 3% CIT on distribution of profits: limited compatibility with international and EU law
- New York, 2012 - Bloomberg BNA U.S. International and Transfer Pricing Advisory Boards: "Withholding Tax on Dividends Paid to a CIV: Where Do We stand After the May 10, 2012 Santander Case ?"
- Paris, 2012 - IACF - moderator of seminar: Withholding tax and tax credits to test France's international commitments; Current events in international taxation
« Draws impressive praise from sources, who value his skills in tax litigation. One client reports: "He analyses cases in real depth and has an exceptional ability to find solutions. It's very easy and pleasant to work with him as he is an excellent listener and has a real sense of service." »
Chambers Europe 2020
« Advises on a variety of matters, including tax litigation, real estate investments, M&A transactions and capital markets operations. Frequently works on international matters. Clients come from different industry sectors such as financial services, real estate and retail. Draws on expertise from across the firm to provide a holistic service to clients. Clients describe the lawyers as 'responsive, committed and providing high-level strategic tax advice on sophisticated transactions or litigation cases.' Another highlights their 'competence, pragmatism and negotiation ability.' Head of department Olivier Dauchez advises clients on a wide range of tax matters including litigation and tax structuring of M&A and capital markets operations. One client comments: 'He is solution-oriented and acts as a true business partner.' »
Chambers Europe 2019
« Gide Loyrette Nouel has ‘an extremely responsive, innovative and committed’ team, which ‘provides high-level advice on sophisticated litigation and complex transactions’. The 16-lawyer practice can also rely on 'a good international network and is well connected with industry bodies, as well as governmental and regulatory agencies’. The team notably has ‘deep knowledge of the real estate sector’ and regularly advises on high-profile transactions in that area. It recently assisted Amundi Immobilier and Primonial with the set up of a joint venture for the off-plan acquisition of the Tour Hekla project. The team is also very strong in the banking and financial sector and recently assisted CNP Assurances with the issuance of €500m-worth of Tier 1 notes. Olivier Dauchez ‘demonstrates impressive capabilities to anticipate tax and litigation developments relying upon his broad experience’ and ‘provides strategic assistance with complex situations’. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2019
Best Lawyers in France (2021): Lawyer of the Year in Trust & Estates;
ranked as one of the best lawyers in tax law
International Who's Who Legal Corporate Tax Lawyers (2020): ranked