Olivier Dauchez is a partner in the Tax Department. He specialises in taxation, mainly transactional and international taxation: mergers and acquisitions - including listed companies - intra-group reorganisations, investments, particularly in real estate, and financial transactions, which generally have a strong international component. He also advises high-profile French and foreign families on personal tax matters.
As part of his practice, he represents clients in their dealings with the tax authorities to obtain tax approvals, during tax audits and before the courts, and in tax litigation arbitration.
His French and international clients include major multinational groups, investment funds, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions and well-known families. He sometimes works alongside governments as part of the process of devising and drafting new tax legislation or renegotiating international tax treaties. His international activities draw on his experience as a lawyer in Japan and the People's Republic of China, where he practised for seven years, as well as his close relationships with international tax lawyers, mainly in North America, Europe and Asia.
As a member of the board, he chairs the International Tax Commission of the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux and is also a member of the editorial board of the quarterly journal Fiscalité Internationale. He takes part in the work of the Direct Taxation Committee of the European Tax Confederation.
A graduate of the Magistère de Juriste d'Affaires et Fiscalité and the DESS de droit des affaires et fiscalité from Paris II Assas, he is a member of the Paris Bar and has been a partner of Gide Loyrette Nouel since 1997. He is also involved in the firm's scientific advisory board.
Regularly ranked by the Chambers Europe guide, he is recognised for his expertise in tax litigation and transactions involving companies in the 2022 edition of this guide. he was named "Lawyer of the year" in the "Trust and Estates" category in 2020 and "Best Lawyers in France" in 2024, and was ranked among the Best Lawyers in "Tax" and "Trust and Estate". He is also listed in the International Who's Who Corporate Tax Lawyers guide.
Olivier Dauchez is a member of le Cercle des Fiscalistes.
Olivier has taken part in the following seminars:
- London, 2021 - 10th IBA London Finance and Capital Markets Tax Conference: structured financing and distressed restructuring
- Paris, 2020 - IACF : Current international tax case law
- Paris, 2020 - Paris, 2018 - Interviews of the Conseil d'Etat in public economic law: participant in the debate on "International taxation to be reinvented?"
- Munich, 2015 - ABA IFA IBA US Europe Annual tax planning: Co-chair of the panel on BEPS Update attendant Robert Stack from US IRS International Affairs
- New York, 2013 - International Tax Institute: Cross-Border Debt Push-Downs in M&A Transactions: Selected Tax issues
- Paris Chartered Institute of Taxation/ IACF - International aspects of the new 3% CIT on distribution of profits: limited compatibility with international and EU law
- New York, 2012 - Bloomberg BNA U.S. International and Transfer Pricing Advisory Boards: "Withholding Tax on Dividends Paid to a CIV: Where Do We stand After the May 10, 2012 Santander Case ?"
- Paris, 2012 - IACF - moderator of seminar: Withholding tax and tax credits to test France's international commitments; Current events in international taxation
« Olivier Dauchez is noted for his expertise in tax litigation, with further activity assisting with tax issues relating to corporate transactions. Strengths: "It is always a pleasure to call on his services. He has the advantage of having a global vision of subjects beyond taxation, which allows him to provide perfectly adapted advice." »
Chambers Europe 2023 - Tax
« Olivier Dauchez is noted for his expertise in tax litigation, with further activity assisting with tax issues around corporate transactions. "He is very quick and goes deep into the analysis," claims one impressed source. »
Chambers Europe 2022 - Tax
« Olivier Dauchez is noted for his expertise in tax litigation, with further activity assisting with tax issues around corporate transactions. Clients value his attitude, with one describing him as 'technical, available and pleasant.' »
Chambers Europe 2021
« Draws impressive praise from sources, who value his skills in tax litigation. One client reports: "He analyses cases in real depth and has an exceptional ability to find solutions. It's very easy and pleasant to work with him as he is an excellent listener and has a real sense of service." »
Chambers Europe 2020
Best Lawyers in France (2021): Lawyer of the Year in Trust & Estates;
ranked as one of the best lawyers in tax law
International Who's Who Legal Corporate Tax Lawyers (2020): ranked