A member of Gide's Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate practice group in Paris, partner Alexis Pailleret specialises in acquisitions and sales, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, mainly in the following fields:
- infrastructure and renewable energies,
- wines & spirits, and
- real estate (real estate funds - investor partnerships).
He advises industrial clients and investment funds on national and international M&A transactions.
Alexis Pailleret spent almost three years in Gide’s Budapest office between 2004 and 2006, and is now a member of the firm’s Central and Eastern Europe Desk. He has acquired significant experience in operations in the CEE region and in Africa, in particular in the north of the continent.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Banque Postale on the implementation of its asset management partnership with Malakoff Médéric and Aegon Asset Management (2015)
- Advising a major retailer on several property asset externalisation operations (2015)
- Advising CNP Assurances on purchasing an indirect stake in Géomethane, a company specialising in the underground storage of natural gas (2015)
- Advising a group of investors on the sale of a portfolio of 350 MW wind farms to Boralex group (2015)
- Advising Japanese group Suntory on the sale of Louis Royer cognac to Terroirs Distillers (2015)
- Advising a major retailer on the sale of its activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in Serbia (2013-2015)
- Advising infrastructure funds on the acquisition of control of the company managing the Toulouse airport (2014)
- Advising Aloe Private Equity on finalising the acquisition of Eco Delta, which holds a portfolio of photovoltaic farms with capacity of 70 MW (2014)
- Advising Cdiscount on implementing a partnership with Bolloré group with a view to launching Cdiscount in certain countries of sub-Saharan Africa (2014)
- Advising Meridiam Infrastructures and CNP Assurances on the project to acquire Vinci Park (2014)
- Advising a European defence group on the sale of part of its activities in France, Germany and the United Kingdom (2013)
- Advising the Chinese State group Maotai on the acquisition of Château Loudenne with the Bordeaux-Gironde SAFER (Land Development and Rural Establishment Companies) (2013)
- Advising Chatel group on the acquisition of Quartier Français Spiritueux Outre-Mer from La Martiniquaise (2013)
- Advising a Swiss investment fund on the project to acquire two telecommunications operators in the Central African Republic and Burundi (2013)
- Advising Monaco Telecom on the same of VSAT Algerian telecommunications operator Divona (2013)
Alexis Pailleret teaches Mergers & Acquisitions law to Master’s students in Business Law at Paris-Dauphine University.