In civil and common law alike, Gide acts at all stages of project financing operations, be they public, private or partnerships: transaction structuring, drafting and negotiating documentation, choosing and putting in place guarantees suited to the project, executing contracts, refinancing and restructuring existing project financings.
Gide handles all issues related to the bankability of project contracts, as well as those related to the granting of risks borne by the various actors on the project, and advises all actors on project financing operations, including public bodies, sponsors, investment funds, commercial banks, credit-export agencies, development banks, multilateral lenders and international financial institutions.
Gide puts in place financing structures that draw on all types of structured finance techniques: asset financing, LBOs, Islamic financing, property financing, securitisation, restructuring, bond issues, derivatives or capital markets. Gide sets itself apart thanks to the extraordinary technical knowledge of its financing practitioners, its ability to involve teams displaying in-depth knowledge of related topics (real estate, PPP, tax etc.) and the sectors involved, as well as innovative capacity.
Well-regarded for its public litigation expertise, as well as its experience in project development. Strong activity in Africa, where the team represents states, sponsors and lenders in projects in a variety of sectors including energy, water and waste, mining and infrastructure. Clients highlight 'their ability to provide cross-border resources, including internationally trained lawyers who speak local languages and understand local contexts.'
Chambers Europe 2017
- Music Centre of Ile Seguin: advising a bidding consortium on the preparation of contractual and financial documentation for the PPP transaction.
- Eiffarie/APRR, France: advising two banking syndicates on the refinancing of the Eiffage and Macquarie debt contracted for the acquisition of motorway company APRR (EUR 3.5 billion).
- Ashegoda wind farm, Ethiopia: advising banks (commercial banks, credit-export agency and multilateral lenders) on the financing of a wind farm’s construction in Ethiopia (EUR 210 million).
- Dakar airport, Senegal: advising the government on the financing of Dakar’s new international airport (EUR 500 million).
- Malé airport, Maldives: advising an international organisation and the Maldives government on the concession of the international airport.
- A63 motorway, France: advising sponsors on financing the A63 concession project (EUR 1.14 billion).
- Oil, France: advising Maurel & Prom on the 350 million USD financing secured by oil reserves in Colombia and Congo.
- Cogeneration, Russia: advising Mosenergo on the implementation of export financing worth 186 million euros for the supply and installation by Alstom of a 420MW-turnkey cogeneration unit.
Remarkable expertise in PPP regulatory and institutional reforms. Advises clients in both the public and private sectors such as governments, sponsors and lenders.
Chambers Europe 2017
Gide Loyrette Nouel has ‘strong experience in infrastructure projects in Africa’. With almost 30 lawyers, the practice is involved in several port and airport projects and is also advising energy producers and sponsors on hydropower and other energy projects.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017
A ‘top firm for infrastructure projects in Eastern Europe’ and France
Legal 500 EMEA 2015