Our lawyers advise numerous clients on their LBO transactions. Their command of the sale and acquisition techniques allied with their thorough knowledge of the mechanisms of private equity financing, executive and employee profit-sharing and incentive plans, enable our lawyers to offer clients a comprehensive service. For these types of transactions, we call upon our specialised Corporate Finance team, common to both the Mergers & Acquisitions and the Banking & Finance practice groups, which handles corporate and finance questions. The skills of our other teams (public and administrative law, IP-TMT, etc.) can also be brought in, and often constitute key assets in the handling of these complex cases.
- Salvepar: advising Tikehau Group on the acquisition by Tikehau Participations & Investissements of Salvepar, a subsidiary of Société Générale.
- Gras Savoye: advising in the context of the LBO conducted by Astorg Partners on Gras Savoye.
- Kaufman & Broad: advising PAI Partners on the acquisition, from KB Home (USA), of 50.1% of the capital of its French subsidiary Kaufman & Broad, followed by a takeover bid on the rest of the share capital (primary LBO in excess of EUR 1 billion).
- Sklepy Komfort: advising Enterprise Investors Group on the acquisition of Sklepy Komfort, leading network in the floor coverings sector in Poland.
- Moneo: advising BlackFin Capital Partners on the acquisition of BMS-Moneo (Moneo).
Our M&A/Corporate practice group has developed a broad range of experience in venture capital advising both investors and issuers. Assistance offered covers all aspects of these transactions: drafting and negotiating investment agreements, shareholders' agreements, issuing convertible securities (ABSAs, BSAs, ORAs, OCs, etc.), as well as executive and employee profit-sharing and incentive plans. Thanks to our venture capital practice and expertise in securities law, we are one of the prominent actors in private investment in public equity (“PIPE”).
- Talend: advising Silver Lake Partners, Balderton Capital, Idinvest Partners on several investments in the capital of Talend.
- BonitaSoft: advising Ventech, Auriga Partners on several investments in the capital of BonitaSoft.
- ET Solar: advising investors China Equity Link on their investment in the capital of ET Solar, manufacturer of photovoltaic products in China (USD 31 million).
- Emteyco: advising investors SGAM AI, via the Kantara fund, on their investment in the capital of Emteyco (Morocco).
Drawing on its expertise in the fields of investment and venture capital, and against a particularly buoyant backdrop for French Techs, Gide has launched its Gide Venture website, wholly dedicated to entrepreneurs and start-ups. Watch this video to find out more about it:
Strong private equity team with particular focus on venture capital and fund-raising, acting for both investors and emerging companies. Recognised for its expertise in the technology sector. Also noted for its fund formation practice advising on the structuring of venture capital, real estate and infrastructure funds with further experience of fund of funds. Sources laud the group's availability as well as the lawyers' 'faultless commitment to their clients.' The team is also highlighted for its specialist knowledge, with clients observing: 'Gide is one of the very few firms in France that truly understands venture capital deal terms, and is commercial in its approach.'
Chambers Europe 2019
Gide has particular strength in the technology sector. The group acts for start-ups, new economy players and investors alike, with a particularly notable track record advising on private investment in public equity (PIPE). Pierre Karpik and David-James Sebag head the practice. Recent highlights include advising Idinvest as investors of Secret Escapes, a members-only travel club, on its $111m investment, to assisting Partech Ventures with its €60m investment in ManoMano, an e-retailer specialising in DIY, home improvement and gardening products. A key highlight related to the financial services sector was acting for online crowd-lending platform Younited on the full range of issues pertaining to its development, including financial services regulatory questions. Electranova Capital, Eurazeo and Meero are among its other clients.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019
Outstanding private equity team with particular focus on venture capital and fund-raising, acting for both investors and companies. Recognised for its expertise in the technology sector. Also noted for its leading practice in fund formation matters including private equity, real estate and infrastructure funds. Clients appreciate the team's 'really quick and good understanding of who we are and our constraints.' Sources value the provision of 'the multi-expertise of a one-stop shop and the follow-up on all subjects by a single team.'
Chambers Europe 2018