Our lawyers advise numerous clients on their LBO transactions. Their command of the sale and acquisition techniques allied with their thorough knowledge of the mechanisms of private equity financing, executive and employee profit-sharing and incentive plans, enable our lawyers to offer clients a comprehensive service. For these types of transactions, we call upon our specialised Corporate Finance team, common to both the Mergers & Acquisitions and the Banking & Finance practice groups, which handles corporate and finance questions. The skills of our other teams (public and administrative law, IP-TMT, etc.) can also be brought in, and often constitute key assets in the handling of these complex cases.
- Salvepar: advising Tikehau Group on the acquisition by Tikehau Participations & Investissements of Salvepar, a subsidiary of Société Générale.
- Gras Savoye: advising in the context of the LBO conducted by Astorg Partners on Gras Savoye.
- Kaufman & Broad: advising PAI Partners on the acquisition, from KB Home (USA), of 50.1% of the capital of its French subsidiary Kaufman & Broad, followed by a takeover bid on the rest of the share capital (primary LBO in excess of EUR 1 billion).
- Sklepy Komfort: advising Enterprise Investors Group on the acquisition of Sklepy Komfort, leading network in the floor coverings sector in Poland.
- Moneo: advising BlackFin Capital Partners on the acquisition of BMS-Moneo (Moneo).
Our M&A/Corporate practice group has developed a broad range of experience in venture capital advising both investors and issuers. Assistance offered covers all aspects of these transactions: drafting and negotiating investment agreements, shareholders' agreements, issuing convertible securities (ABSAs, BSAs, ORAs, OCs, etc.), as well as executive and employee profit-sharing and incentive plans. Thanks to our venture capital practice and expertise in securities law, we are one of the prominent actors in private investment in public equity (“PIPE”).
- Talend: advising Silver Lake Partners, Balderton Capital, Idinvest Partners on several investments in the capital of Talend.
- BonitaSoft: advising Ventech, Auriga Partners on several investments in the capital of BonitaSoft.
- ET Solar: advising investors China Equity Link on their investment in the capital of ET Solar, manufacturer of photovoltaic products in China (USD 31 million).
- Emteyco: advising investors SGAM AI, via the Kantara fund, on their investment in the capital of Emteyco (Morocco).
Drawing on its expertise in the fields of investment and venture capital, and against a particularly buoyant backdrop for French Techs, Gide has launched its Gide Venture website, wholly dedicated to entrepreneurs and start-ups. Watch this video to find out more about it:
Outstanding private equity team with particular focus on venture capital and fund-raising. Recognised for its expertise in the technology sector. Also noted for its activity in fund formation matters, including regulatory issues. Further impressive investment funds team. Interviewees highlight the lawyers' skills, reporting: 'The partners are very knowledgeable, pragmatic and were excellent strategically.' Further clients appreciate the team's responsiveness and the high quality of service in complex matters.
Pierre Karpik focuses on venture capital matters with notable knowledge in the technology industry. He handles mergers and acquisitions, advising investors as well as growth companies. Clients say: 'He is very smart, pragmatic, business-oriented, efficient and knowledgeable.'
Chambers Europe 2017
Gide Loyrette Nouel handles a high volume of transactions for investors and investees. Recent work includes acting for Legrand, Iris Capital and Fonds Ambition Numérique regarding their €30m investment in Netatmo, as well as advising Comuto (BlaBlaCar) on receiving a $200m investment by Insight Venture, Lead Hedge and Vostok New Ventures. Pierre Karpik is the key name in the practice.
Legal 500 EMEA 2017