Established in Casablanca since 2003, Gide is one of the first business law firms to have set up in Morocco.
Our Casablanca office brings together Moroccan and French law practitioners alike, and is today one of the only firms in the country to offer legal assistance that covers the various fields of Moroccan and international finance and business law.
Our teams assist our clients, be they international institutions, public bodies, banks, foreign investors or leading Moroccan business groups, on the legal and tax aspects of their investments and their commercial and financial operations.
Main areas of expertise:
In 2014, Gide Loyrette Nouel and Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira's respective Casablanca offices merged. The practice enjoys a high degree of visibility in the Moroccan legal market for its involvement in significant transactions including numerous mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and share sales, as well as major project financings.
Chambers Global 2016
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Groupe Palmeraie Développement on real estate and hospitality projects in Côte d’Ivoire and Gabon. It is one of the first real estate Sub-Saharan transactions involving Moroccan players
- Advising Aabar Investments on the setting-up of Wessal Capital and its first investments in Casablanca and Rabat: in October 2014, Wessal Capital was named “2014 Sovereign Wealth Fund Deal of the Year” by World Finance, due to its unique collaborative model and the scale of its developmental impact, and "2014 Social Deal of the Year" (Press release for more information)
- Advising Groupe Palmeraie Développement on the divestment / restructuring of a substantial portion of its hospitality business and assets: setting up a joint venture with Aabar Investment PJS, transferring the ownership of the real estate assets and associated businesses to the JV, etc.
- Advising Wendel on its acquisition of a 100 million-euro stake in Saham Group
- Advising Veolia on the sale of its water and electricity activities in Morocco (EUR 370 million)
- Advising the Moroccan government on reviewing the existing Moroccan mining code and drafting a new version
- Advising Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, a Jordanian pharmaceuticals multinational, on the acquisition of Promopharm SA (listed on the Casablanca stock exchange), followed by a mandatory public tender offer
- Advising the Moroccan Agency for Solar Energy (MASEN) on the implementation of phase 1 in the development of a 500MW solar energy complex
- Advising Medi Telecom (second telephone operator in Morocco) on refinancing its local debt, amounting of EUR 450 million
This high-profile French firm retains a strong reputation for its expertise in corporate and M&A law. Market sources laud its extensive experience in representing clients from the oil, gas and infrastructure sectors. ... It also frequently features on dispute resolution mandates. Interviewees say: ‘They are very strong, have a great approach to law, and are really on our level.’
Chambers Global 2015
Gide Loyrette Nouel
Tour Crystal - 1, Boulevard Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah, Quartier Casablanca Marina -
Tel. +212 (0)5 22 48 90 00
Fax +212 (0)5 22 48 90 01
E-mail: morocco [at] gide [dot] com
Download contact details (V-Card)