Nine partners and ten associates from the firm Morgan Lewis & Bockius have chosen to join the Paris office of Gide.
Among them, five partners and four associates are to join the mergers and acquisitions department.
Four other partners and their teams are to join the funds formation, competition, employment and taxation practice groups.
The arrival of these prominent lawyers shows the attractiveness of Gide. The firm strengthens its international capacity in mergers and acquisitions at a time when the number of transactions is on the rise, as well as its capacity to offer major clients a service that meets exacting international standards. The Morgan Lewis & Bockius team has developed recognised expertise in the area of transactions and industrial mergers and acquisitions, in particular in cross-border transactions (United States, Europe and China). Its arrival will help strengthen Gide’s presence internationally.
Additionally, Gide will consolidate its leading position by bringing in experienced and recognised teams in funds formation and venture capital. The firm thereby completes its range of services offered to investment funds, sovereign wealth funds and family investors and entrepreneurs.
Senior Partner Baudouin de Moucheron and Managing Partner Stéphane Puel state:
We are delighted to welcome these nineteen lawyers, whose quality, enthusiasm and importance on the market has been known to us for a long time now. We are particularly pleased that they have chosen Gide in order to carry out their projects, where they will find the resources to back up their talent, both in Paris and abroad.
The following lawyers are to join Gide:
- Anne Tolila: admitted to the Paris bar, she specialises in mergers and acquisitions, in particular in the industrial sector and in international transactions
- Ann G. Baker: admitted to the New York and Paris bars, she specialises in fund structuring, and advises a broad range of international investors, including sovereign wealth funds with an international experience in sovereign funds and pension funds
- Pierre-Antoine Dubecq: admitted to the Paris bar, he specialises in mergers and acquisitions, particularly in cross-border transactions
- Olivier Edwards: admitted to the Paris bar, he specialises in mergers and acquisitions and venture capital
- Karen Noël: admitted to the Paris bar, she specialises in mergers and acquisitions as well as in venture capital
- Christian Nouel: admitted to the Paris bar, he specialises in taxation law
- David-James Sebag: admitted to the Paris and New York bars, he specialises in mergers and acquisitions
- François Vergne: admitted to the Paris bar, he specialises in employment law, with prior experience in mergers and acquisitions
Finally, the competition law specialist Jean Leygonie, admitted to the Paris bar, founder of the Morgan Lewis & Bockius Paris office will ensure the integration of the Morgan Lewis & Bockius teams within Gide.