In order to encourage innovation in the practice of law and put the spotlight on talented individuals, Gide organised, for the second consecutive year, its student competition "Shake The Law" in partnership with French business magazine Challenges.
This challenge, built by and for our firm, aims to attract talented individuals who are sensitive to changes in the law, and to put the spotlight on ingenious and creative reasoning.
During the final that took place on 24 June 2021, the candidates had to defend their ideas before a prestigious jury made up of:
Anton'Maria Battesti, Head of Public Affairs, Facebook France
Céline Corouge, CMO, Mooncard
Pierre-Henri de Menthon, Managing Editor, Challenges
Sophie Viger, General Director, Ecole 42
Jennifer D'Hoir, Matthieu Lucchesi, Franck Guiader and Stéphane Puel, Gide 255 and Gide
First prize was won by team Charles Jeanpierre & Cécile Es Chasseriau, who win EUR 6,000.
Second prize goes to Apolline Thomann & Antoine Thomann.
What were the main stages?
- Registrations opened on 1 April and closed on 17 May 2021: candidates had to register as a team of two, with their CVs and a video of max. 2 minutes on "Why your team makes a difference in a competition on law and innovation".
- The four selected teams and the specific topic for the edition (the role of innovation and digital tools in the economic rebound) were announced at the end of May.
- The precise case study for the final was revealed to the teams, who then had a few weeks to research the issues raised and offer sound, creative and surprising solutions.
- The final took place on 24 June 2021, before a jury of experts in innovation. The finalists had 20 minutes to present their project and convince the jury. The winning two teams were announced at the end of the four presentations and the jury's deliberations.
Who can apply to try to "Shake the Law"?
If you have at least 5 years' higher education and specialise in Law, Economics & Business, Engineering & Tech, or Political sciences, then this competition is for you!
The jury will be sensitive to how your fields of specialisation complement each other in favour of law and innovation, to the originality of your application video, and to the relevance of your final arguments.
Above and beyond expressing your passion for your field and the meetings this competition fosters, you can win:
- 1st place: EUR 6,000 for the team and an article published on gide.com
- 2nd place: an article published on gide.com
- An annual subscription to Challenges magazine for the first 50 teams registered
► For any queries on this competition, please get in touch with our Recruitment & Schools Relationship Manager Servane Guivarch - firstname.lastname@example.org