Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1999, partner Emmanuel Vital-Durand specialises in public law. He focuses on regulatory and operational town planning, the development of the public domain and institutional matters. He acts for public institutions and real estate operators in the implementation of complex projects requiring the intervention of local and national administrations. In this context, he also carries out a significant litigation activity throughout France.
He regularly advises clients during the development and implementation stages of major transactions. He recently advised on restructuring Paris' Gare d'Austerlitz station on behalf of the constructor consortium (120,000 sq.m. with the adjoining property programme), the rail link between Lyon and Turin for the Franco-Italian public operator (EUR 8 billion), the modernisation of the Roland Garros tennis stadium on behalf of the French Tennis Federation, the conversion of PSA Peugeot-Citroën's Aulnay production site, and the planning of PSG's football training centre in Poissy. He has also acted on a number of other commercial and tertiary transactions.
Emmanuel Vital-Durand regularly drafts and publishes articles in his fields of expertise, and is a lecturer at Master's level in advanced urban law at Paris XIII University.
- Trophée d’or (Gold Trophy) - Décideurs in Urban planning and development (Droit de l’urbanisme et de l’aménagement) 2015
- Best Lawyers in France (Administrative Law) 2019
- Décideurs - Acteurs publics et entreprises 2018: Incontournable (urbanisme commercial) and Excellent (Urbanisme, aménagement, domanialité)
- Listed in Chambers Europe: "excellent feedback from clients, who say: "He is pragmatic and always positive about the issues faced." Peer commentary highlights his dedicated approach and technical ability" (2014) and "….focuses on regulatory and operational urban planning, where he advises public institutions and real estate companies" (2015).
- Listed in Legal 500 EMEA: "Urban planning law is another leading field of expertise through the ‘pragmatic and client-oriented’ Emmanuel Vital-Durand" (2014).