Thanks to its strategic take on dispute resolution, Gide always strives to steer disputes towards its clients’ best interests, be they short-, medium- or long-term.
Our specialists also possess recognised expertise in alternative dispute resolution and transactional solutions.
Additionally, in light of the high media coverage given to certain proceedings, we assist companies in their relationships with the media (e.g. drafting press releases, contact with communication agencies, etc.).
Gide’s lawyers draw on their recognised skill in competition litigation (anti-trust, mergers) either to represent plaintiffs in direct referrals to the competition authorities, or to assist defendants before the same authorities. We are on-hand throughout all stages of a dispute, from dawn raids through to actions before the competition authorities and European and national courts
Gide is also a recognised player in the control ofinternational subsidies (State aid), assisting private and public companies, financial institutions and governments on disputes before government authorities and the WTO.
Gide acts very regularly before civil, commercial and criminal courts on disputes arising from the commercial relationships of their clients.
Such disputes concern in particular issues deriving from:
- The implementation and operational monitoring of distribution networks
- Unfair competition (disparagement, disruption of business, free-riding…)
- Restrictive trade practices and sales (discriminatory practices, non-compliant billing, commercial cooperation, etc.)
- Termination of established commercial relations
Very early on, Gide developed recognised skill in consumer and advertising dispute resolution and assists clients from the initiation of administrative enquiries through to proceedings before the various courts. Our teams thus regularly act before civil, commercial and criminal courts, on disputes relating to:
- Misleading commercial practices / fraudulent misrepresentation
- Comparative advertising
- Unfair contractual provisions
- Promotional operations
- Sale of products or provision of services not abiding by the rules of the Consumer Code in force, including in particular misleading practices.
Additionally, our team assists company directors, in particular when their criminal liability is brought into question. Finally, we are particularly involved in the future scheme applicable to class actions.