Rémi Tabbagh is a partner in the Gide Banking & Finance practice group in Paris. He specialises in structured finance, particularly in real estate structured finance transactions. He advises clients (mainly French and foreign credit institutions, insurance companies and investment funds) on structuring, drafting, negotiating and restructuring complex debt transactions.
Rémi Tabbagh has broad experience in all types of assets and real estate structured finance transactions, including acquisition financings, construction and development financings, portfolio and pan-European financings, SIIC and REITs financings, Shariah-compliant financings, real estate financings to be refinanced through the issue of Pfandbriefe, mezzanine financings, restructuring of real estate structured debts, transfer of real estate debts portfolio, and financings of sale & lease-back transactions.
Rémi Tabbagh has recently acted for French and EU credit institutions in major real estate finance transactions:
- Financing of the Tour First acquired by institutional investors represented by AXA REIM from Beacon Capital Partners (April 2016);
- Refinancing of the Gecimed portfolio of assets in the health sector for a total amount of EUR 1 billion (March 2016);
- Refinancing of the Four Seasons George V hotel in Paris (November 2015);
- Financing of the acquisition of the InterContinental Grand Hôtel by the Constellation Group from InterContinental Group Hotels (November 2015);
- Refinancing of the Paris Bourse building held by Tishman Speyer (November 2015);
- Refinancing of the French, Dutch, English and Polish budget hotels owned by Groupe du Louvre (affiliate of the Starwood Funds) (July 2011 - EUR 650m);
- Refinancing of the Logistis investment funds managed by AEW Europe (Dec. 2011 - EUR 450m);
- Restructuring of Islamic real estate financings through a trust scheme (2012 - EUR 150m).
Rémi Tabbagh is regularly ranked as a leading expert in banking and finance by the various international legal directories, such as Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Best Lawyers in France. He also coordinates the activities of the firm's Scientific Council.
« Kamel Ben Salah, Rémi Tabbagh et Laetitia Lemercier sont de grandes références pour les opérations de financement immobilier. »
Legal 500 Paris 2022 - Immobilier
« Rémi Tabbagh is widely renowned for his advice on high-stakes real estate financings and refinancings, including those pertaining to retail and office assets. »
Chambers Europe 2022 - Real Estate: Finance
« Kamel Ben Salah, Rémi Tabbagh and Laetitia Lemercier are among the best for high-end real estate finance work. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2021
« Rémi Tabbagh is "a smooth operator," according to one market commentator. He is widely renowned for his advice on high-stakes real estate financings and refinancings, including those pertaining to hotels. »
Chambers Europe 2021