Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier has been advising and assisting clients in disputes with regard to patents and trademark law, her practice’s primary focus, since 2001. In addition, she advises on copyright issues and unfair competition law for some of the world's leading brands, particularly in the luxury, jeanswear and consumer goods sectors.
Over the years, she has gained significant experience in domestic and pan-European patent litigation (patent infringements and validity disputes), more specifically in Life Sciences (drugs cases, particularly with regard to supplementary protection certificates, as well as medical devices), on technologies and mechanics.
Raphaëlle is a member of several professional associations: the APRAM (French Association for Trademarks and Models Lawyers), the INTA (International Trademark Association) and the AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property).
Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier is the 2015, 2017 and 2018 Client Choice winner in the category Intellectual Property Patent for France.
She is also regularly listed in international legal guides:
- Chambers Europe 2019: "Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier advises a number of pharmaceutical clients and is admired for her 'excellent understanding of the technical problems in the field.' She represents clients in trade mark and patent litigations. Interviewees appreciate that she is 'deeply involved in the cases,' adding: 'She is very sharp in court on the main arguments."
- Chambers Europe 2018: "Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier has impressive expertise in patent and trade mark disputes. She frequently represents clients from the life sciences industry in multi-jurisdictional issues."
- Chambers Global 2017: "Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier's practice covers mainly patent and trade mark disputes. According to market commentators, 'Raphaëlle is a rising star in patent litigation matters in France. She has an excellent grasp of both technical and legal matters'."
- Legal 500 EMEA 2015: "the 'very smart and pragmatic' Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier"
- WTR 1000 2016: "Raphaelle Dequire-Portier has won many fans in the luxury, jeanswear and consumer goods sectors; she has also made headlines for her involvement in significant continent-wide life sciences litigation."