Counsel Loris Marghieri was admitted to the Paris Bar in 2010 and specialises in real estate law. Loris heads the real estate practice of Gide Casablanca office where he moved in 2015 after five years spent in Paris as a member of the Real Estate Transactions & Financing practice group.
Loris advises a broad panel of Moroccan and international professionals on all aspects of real estate transactions and on all types of real estate assets (industrial, office, retail and shopping mall, hotels, logistics, residential, data centres, etc.) in Morocco and more broadly in sub-Saharan Africa.
He is mainly involved in acquisitions and disposals of real estate asset (externalisations, share deals, asset deals), real estate financing, construction operations and large scale development projects as well as in the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements for tenants and owners alike.
Loris has developed a strong expertise in Built-to-Suit transactions and regularly assists owners and operators in the context of tourism and hospitality projects with the preparation and negotiation of hotel management contracts or hotel leases. In recent years, Loris has also been involved in the structuring and creation of Moroccan OPCI.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Millenium Challenge Account Morocco-Agency with respect to the implementation, on a pilot basis, of a PPP transaction with respect to the development and revitalization of three industrial zones located in the Casablanca-Settat Region.
- Advising the management company Ajarinvest on creating the first real estate investment trust (OPCI) as part of the establishment of the CDG Premium Immo REIT.
- Advising Immorente Invest (listed on the Casablanca stock exchange) on a sale and leaseback transaction regarding a property asset (logistics offices and buildings) owned and managed by Engie Contracting Al Maghrib, covering around 56,000 sq.m. and located near Casablanca.
- Advising Panafrican hospitality group Onomo Hotels on its various real estate and hospitality projects in Africa (Morocco, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Republic of Congo, Mozambique): acquisition of hotels, plots of land, hotel construction, off-plans leases).
- Advising Banque Centrale Populaire in connection with the construction of a 26-floor office tower (future headquarters of the BCP) to be erected within Casablanca Finance City area.
Loris is listed as "Leading Individual" in real estate for Morocco by Legal 500 EMEA 2021 and ranked as "Up & Coming" by Chambers Global 2021.
« I worked with a team from Gide Cuatrecasas Casablanca led by Loris Marghieri. The team was outstanding, really dedicated and available to help meet its clients’ needs. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2021
« Loris Marghieri is dedicated and very professional. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2021
« Dedicated and very professional' counsel and real estate specialist Loris Marghieri leads the practice. ‘I worked with a team from Gide Cuatrecasas Casablanca led by Loris Marghieri. The team was outstanding, really dedicated and available to help meet its clients’ needs. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2021 | Tier 1 - Leading Individual
« Loris Marghieri is a rising talent who advises on a high volume of real estate transactions, most notably involving the construction of retail and multi-use properties. He is also well versed in management agreements and refinancings. »
Chambers Global 2021 | Up and Coming
« Gide Cuatrecasas Casablanca has the only fully dedicated real estate team in the market, with four full-time real estate lawyers, who provide 'advice tailored to the particular needs of the company'. Counsel Loris Marghieri leads the practice, which handles every stage of construction projects. The group also advises on the sale and acquisition of large-scale real estate projects, particularly off-plan developments, and also assists with the negotiation of lease agreements. »
« Counsel Loris Marghieri, who did most of the work for us, was especially responsive, always available, very quick and proactive, with excellent English and French. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2020 | Tier 1 - Next Generation Partner