Dimitrios Logizidis, partner in Gide's London office, specialises in banking and structured finance where he advises financial institutions, private equity funds and corporates on a wide range of asset-backed financing, securitisation, covered bonds and general corporate finance deals. In particular, Dimitrios has acted for arrangers, private equity funds and originators in major whole business and trade receivable securitisation transactions involving amounts of up to EUR 4 billion. He has also been involved in a number of multi-jurisdictional ABCP conduit deals, including in emerging countries, where securitisation was implemented for the first time.
He notably advised the arrangers on the Hertz and Fraikin whole business securitisations, and Europcar / Eurazeo and ALD Automotive / Société Générale on their respective whole business transactions. He has also advised BNP Paribas on a EUR 650 million international trade receivables ABCP securitisation programme arranged in twelve different jurisdictions worldwide (including Poland, Czech Republic and Canada) for Teva, the leading generic drugs manufacturer. He recently acted for KGHM in relation to a USD 2,5 billion revolving syndicated club deal, one of the most significant transactions of its type carried out in Europe for 2014.
Dimitrios is qualified both as an English solicitor and French avocat and advises on English and French law transactions.
Recent experience includes:
- EUR 230 million unsecured English law governed term facility to OMV AG and EUR 150 million unsecured English law governed term facility to Entreprise Tunisienne d'Activités Pétrolières to partly finance a project estimated at around EUR 1 billion and involving the construction of a 370 km gas pipeline from Nawara to Gabès, a production plant in Nawara and a gas-processing plant in Gabès to build a gas pipeline in southern Tunisia in order to link the local production to the gas network already existing in the north of the country (acted as English counsel to EIB in respect of the two facilities).
- EUR 5 billion covered bond programme issued by Banca Popolare di Sondrio S.P.C.A. and arranged by BNP Paribas and Finanziaria Internazionale Securitisation Group S.p.A. (acted as English counsel to Chiomenti Studio Legale and Banca Popolare di Sondrio in relation to English law aspects and hedging arrangements).
- USD 2,5 billion revolving syndicated club deal for KGHM, the leading silver production company, with a syndicate of more than 20 Polish, European, Canadian, US and Japanese banks.
- EUR 1,4 billion securitisation of consumer loan receivables originated by Agos Ducato S.p.A. and arranged by Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank and The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (acted as English and French counsel in relation to all French and English law aspects and hedging arrangements).
- EUR 1 billion de-consolidated pan-European trade receivables finaning for a leading energy group arranged by Société Générale.
- EUR 1 bilion Fleet securitisation restructuring and renewal for Eurazeo/Europcar in 4 jurisdicitions.
- EUR 800 million (on an aggregate basis) separate auto-loan and whole business deals for different ALD Automotive entities in 3 jurisdictions.
- Multiple CLO and warehousing deals with Carlyle, Pinebridge, Barclays and CIC for more than EUR 750 milion.
- EUR 650 million international trade receivables ABCP securitisation programme arranged by BNP Paribas UK and France in twelve jurisidictions worldwide for Teva the leading generic drugs manufacturer; and
- EUR 600 million listed bond issuance for the state-run management holding company of the Portuguese Republic, Parpública, arranged by BNP Paribas, Barclays, Caixa - Banco de Investimento, S.A., Banco Espírito Santo de Investimento, S.A. and StormHarbour Securities LLP.
« London-based Dimitrios Logizidis shows particular expertise advising French and multinational financial institutions on trade receivables securitisation programmes. He is qualified in both France and the UK. »
Chambers Global 2022 & 2023
« London-based Dimitrios Logizidis shows particular expertise advising French and multinational financial institutions on trade receivables securitisation programmes. One impressed source comments: "He is the smartest and most thorough person I know." He is qualified in both France and the UK. »
Chambers Global 2021