Dariusz Tokarczuk is a legal advisor and partner within Gide’s Warsaw Office.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, including competition and tax aspects, infrastructure investment projects and corporate law and supervises the Warsaw office's activities in these fields.
He is listed as a recommended lawyer by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA in the Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Law section, and by Legal 500 EMEA in the Tax Law and Competition Law sections.
His recent experience includes:
- advising Polski Fundusz Rozwoju (PFR) on the acquisition of the controlling stake in Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A., the second largest bank in Poland, listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange;
- advising KGHM, the Polish leader in the extraction of copper and precious metals, on the acquisition of shares in PGE EJ 1, which is in charge of building the first Polish nuclear power plant;
- advising KGHM on the realisation of Sierra Gorda project (one of the largest mining projects in the world) consisting on the construction and operation of one of the world’s largest copper and molybdenum mines in Chile in a joint venture agreement with Japan’s Sumitomo group;
- advising KGHM on financing facilities of USD 2.5 billion and PLN 2 billion, granted by a consortium of Polish and international banks and by the EIB respectively;
- advising KGHM on two joint venture projects related to mining and logistics projects;
- advising Auchan Group on the acquisition of Real’s hypermarkets (Metro) in Central and Eastern Europe and further post-acquisition reorganisation;
- advising Auchan Group on the post-acquisition reorganisation of the Real network, including in particular the sale of eight Real hypermarkets to Schiever, and the acquisition of two hypermarkets and two development projects from Schiever;
- advising Würth Group, a German producer and distributor of DIY and industry accessories, on the acquisition of shares in Elektroskandia Polska sp. z o. o., active in the same sector, as part of a multijurisdictional acquisition of companies from the Rexel Group by the Würth Group;
- advising Guerbet, a French pharmaceutical company, on the acquisition of shares in Mallinckrodt Polska Sp. z o. o., as part of a multijurisdictional acquisition of companies from the Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Group by the Guerbet Group;
- advising Orpea, a French medical group listed on Euronext, on the acquisition of Medi-System, a Polish company operating a network of physiotherapy and long-term care centres, from Highlander Partners and Nile Sp. z o.o. funds;