Bertrand Jouanneau is a partner in the Gide tax practice group. He joined Gide in 2003 and spent one year in the firm’s New York office. He specialises in French and international tax law. He regularly advises on property-based transactions, real estate tax, structuring and restructuring of real estate investment funds, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and tax litigation.
He has recently provided tax advice to:
- Foncière Atland - acquisition of Atland Développement
- Casino Group - transfer of 32 hypermarkets to a JV held with Apollo
- Casino Group - transfer of 26 hypermarkets to a JV held with Fortress
- Foncière Atland - reorganisation of an existing real estate fund and setting-up of a JV with AG Real Estate
- Bouyges Immobilier - advising on a real estate development project
- Angelo Gordon - acquisition of 5 hotels from Gecina
- SwissLife Reim – acquisition of several portfolios of hotels
- Paris Inn – acquisition of hotel portfolios
- L'Oréal - advising on real estate development projects
- Sisley - acquisition of the head-office
- Olifan Group - setting-up of an OPPCI
Bertrand Jouanneau is a frequent speaker on tax law issues.
He graduated from the University of Cambridge (LL.M. in business and tax Law) and from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (DESS, Magistère, DJCE).
« Bertrand Jouanneau enters the rankings this year and assists investment funds and asset managers with real estate tax mandates. Strengths: "I appreciate his responsiveness and availability. He is clearly an expert in the field of real estate taxation." "I have been really impressed by the quality of his work: he helped us tremendously, showing creativity, very high standards and proactive handling of the case." »
Chambers Europe 2023 - Tax : Real Estate
« Gide Loyrette Nouel has ‘an extremely responsive, innovative and committed’ team, which ‘provides high-level advice on sophisticated litigation and complex transactions’. The 16-lawyer practice can also rely on 'a good international network and is well connected with industry bodies, as well as governmental and regulatory agencies’. The team notably has ‘deep knowledge of the real estate sector’ and regularly advises on high-profile transactions in that area. It recently assisted Amundi Immobilier and Primonial with the set up of a joint venture for the off-plan acquisition of the Tour Hekla project. The team is also very strong in the banking and financial sector and recently assisted CNP Assurances with the issuance of €500m-worth of Tier 1 notes. Olivier Dauchez ‘demonstrates impressive capabilities to anticipate tax and litigation developments relying upon his broad experience’ and ‘provides strategic assistance with complex situations’. The ‘excellent’ Laurent Modave is ‘solution oriented’ and ‘highly recommended for his real estate fund expertise’. Bertrand Jouanneau is also noted. The arrival of Magali Buchert as partner, previously counsel at Bredin Prat, further strengthens the firm's M&A-related tax capabilities. »
Legal 500 EMEA 2019