To help you realise your ambitions, we understand that providing support at key stages of your career is essential. To this end, we have developed a specific programme that includes:
- An induction period to help you settle in to the firm and get used to your new work environment
- An associate representative for each practice area or office and each international office who relays any requests to the Executive Committee
- Ongoing monitoring of your progress within the firm through annual appraisals that encourage career development and international mobility opportunities, and promote an open and sharing environment
In 2012, we put in place a new intermediate statute, that of "counsel", which constitutes a real stepping stone to becoming partner.
Gide's training centre implements an ambitious policy of knowledge-sharing and offers all associates the chance for further learning, regardless of their field and level of expertise.
A number of programmes and formats are available, enabling all members of the firm to acquire and share knowledge inherent to the exercise of their profession.
Each lawyer follows a training programme comprising various modules that enable them to better understand their working environment and to develop and strengthen their skills throughout their time with the firm.
The programme focuses on the four following key areas:
- Best practice and ethics for lawyers
- Technical legal expertise
- Familiarity with the Gide tools
- General training and personal development
According to their profiles and seniority, associates are invited to attend modules for newcomers as well as a range of specific courses:
- Specific legal expertise
- Commercial development
- People skills and personal development