David Klass is a partner in Gide’s London tax practice, advising on a wide range of corporate tax issues and transactions, in particular those with an international element. He has wide experience of cross-border M&A work, structured finance (advising both asset originators and arrangers), and the UK and international tax aspects of corporate group reorganisations.
Recent transactions include:
- Advising on a trade receivables securitisation for a major international pharmaceuticals producer
- Advising several French multi-nationals on the UK tax aspects of their UK energy projects
- Advising Lactalis in connection with the acquisition, by means of a mixed asset and share deal, of the business of Rachel’s Dairy
- Advising SNCF (French state railway) on the merger of its interest in the Eurostar link between Paris, London and Brussels into a single joint venture company
- Advising a major international vehicle rental company on the structuring of its fleet operations in France, Germany, Spain and Italy in the context of a financing by the simultaneous issue of High-Yield Bonds and ABS
David is the author of a number of articles in the tax press; committee member of the UK Branch of the International Fiscal Association and a member of the Tax Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association.