Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1999, partner Emmanuel Vital-Durand specialises in Public and Administrative Law. Emmanuel Vital-Durand specialises in regulatory and operational urban planning, the development of the public domain and institutional questions. He acts for public institutions and real estate operators in the implementation of complex projects requiring the intervention of local and national administrations. In this context, he also carries out significant litigation activity throughout France.
He regularly advises significant real estate players during the development stage of large transactions. For instance, he recently advised on the construction of the Crédit Agricole and Clarins headquarters in the Paris area, and on the construction of several shopping centres (Beauvais, Millau, Toulouse). He also assists the French Tennis Federation on its project to extend the Roland Garros stadium, the PSA Peugeot-Citroën group on the conversion of its Aulnay production site, as well as the constructor of the high-speed rail link between Tours and Bordeaux on all aspects of urban planning law and environmental law, and various local councils.
Emmanuel Vital-Durand was a lecturer at the Ecole nationale d'administration and at Sciences-Po in Paris (2010-2012). He regularly drafts and publishes articles in his fields of expertise. Finally, Emmanuel is an expert in the working group on "project urban planning" (2010-11), and is an active member of GRIDAUH (Grouping of research on institutions and the law of land-use, urban planning and housing).
- Trophée d’or - Décideurs in Urban planning and development (« Droit de l’urbanisme et de l’aménagement ») law in 2015
- Referenced in Best Lawyers in France 2016 (Administrative Law)
- Décideurs - Public entities and companies (« Acteurs publics et entreprises ») 2015: Excellent (Local authorities - Urban planning, development, public property - Commercial planning)
- Mentioned in Chambers Europe 2014: "excellent feedback from clients, who say: 'He is pragmatic and always positive about the issues faced.' Peer commentary highlights his dedicated approach and technical ability" and in the 2015 edition "… focuses on regulatory and operational urban planning, where he advises public institutions and real estate companies."
- Mentioned in Legal 500 EMEA 2015 and 2014: "Urban planning law is another leading field of expertise through the ‘pragmatic and client-oriented’ Emmanuel Vital-Durand".