Major IT projects
Our team is regularly instructed on the implementation of complex IT systems, as well as externalisation, integration, hosting, off-shoring and sub-contracting operations, both on a national and international level. It assists clients in negotiating and drafting contractual arrangements for major IT projects.
Software and databases
The Technology team is highly knowledgeable on the protection of intellectual property (lien cliquable vers IP) applied to IT and new technologies. It assists its clients in drafting and negotiating all contracts regarding software packages and specific software programmes: software licences, development contracts, sale contracts, distribution contracts, maintenance contracts, escrow agreements, etc.
Enjoying longstanding experience in technology and European law, our Firm has put in place a multi-disciplinary team comprising lawyers specialised in both fields, and which is therefore in a position to advise on all legal issues encountered by clients regarding personal data, particularly against the backdrop of the European Commission making a regulation proposal.
Internet - E-commerce
Our Technology team assists clients in the development of their activities online (online sale of products and services, prospecting, drafting of service contracts entered into with their partners or clients, legal auditing of websites, questions regarding their liability, etc.)
Our team advises and defends its clients during security breaches of their IT systems (intrusions, theft of files, e-fraud, etc.) and assists them before the competent bodies and courts. Additionally, our team advises those clients who wish to provide, use, import or export encryption processes or equipment.
- Assisting a food group in the negotiation of an ERP system licencing, maintenance and integration contract
- Assisting a public banking institution, member of a joint venture, on drafting and negotiating licensing, application management, and hosting contracts to set up a search engine dedicated to tourism
- Assisting several French companies in the transfer of personal data to the United States, as part of discovery proceedings
- Data protection audits for a large number of companies (a major Paris council housing actor, an insurance company, etc.)
- Drafting a contract for an online retailer, putting in place e-stores in several countries as part of a selective distribution network
- Assisting a company in the launch of its online retail site: applicable regulations, contract for the development and maintenance of the platform, drafting of general sales conditions and of the company’s policy regarding the protection of personal data
Gide has strong telecoms expertise – where it advises operators, African states and public sector companies on regulatory and project matters – and is equally strong in the data privacy area, where it recently advised on e-projects in the healthcare and gas sectors. Clients include Eutelsat and Orange. Olivier Cousi and Thierry Dor are recommended.
Legal 500 EMEA 2016