Spread over Gide’s offices in Europe, America, Asia and Africa, the Projects team’s lawyers act on all types of infrastructure: mines, gas, oil, nuclear complexes, thermal power plants, renewable energy, airports, ports, roads and bridges, railways, drinking water and wastewater, waste processing, urban services, hospitals, prisons, stadiums, public buildings, aerospace and defence.
Gide works with its clients both on mature markets and on pilot projects in emerging countries. The Projects team has enabled the implementation of the first BOT in China, Vietnam, a number of countries in Africa and Eastern Europe, as well as in Brazil, India and Russia.
Our lawyers advise public institutions, international multilateral agencies, manufacturers, investment funds and lenders on the structuring and negotiation of project documentation and financing. They have drafted the legal framework of public-private partnerships (PPP) and sector laws in over 30 countries, and have contributed to the structuring of over 250 projects throughout the world.
A ‘top firm for infrastructure projects in Eastern Europe’ and France, Gide also has ‘vast knowledge, experience and know-how in the energy sector’. It assisted Bouygues Bâtiment, Sodexo and OFI InfraVia with the Cité de la Musique project and is involved in nuclear, power and renewable energy projects in Brazil, Europe and Africa, including acting for Eiffage, Schneider Electric and Krinner on one of Europe’s largest photovoltaic projects near Bordeaux. Key figures include John Crothers, François Krotoff, the
‘very good and clear’ Stéphane Vernay, Michel Guénaire,
Thomas Courtel and Bénédicte Mazel.
Legal 500 EMEA 2015
- Eiffarie/APRR, France: advising two banking syndicates on the refinancing of the Eiffage and Macquarie debt contracted for the acquisition of motorway company APRR (3.5 billion euros)
- A63 motorway, France: advising sponsors on the financing of the A63 motorway concession (1.14 billion euros)
- Mayoko Mines, Congo: advising Exxaro (South Africa) on the operation of an ore min, the construction of a railway line and a deep-water port
- High-speed railway, Brazil: advising the consortium led by Alstom and the SNCF on the Rio-Sao Paulo-Campinas HSR project (2.73 billion euros, excl. construction costs)
- Laibin B BOT, China: advising the government of Guanxi province on a pilot BOT project for a 700MW thermal power plant
- United Kingdom, India and China nuclear power plants: advising Areva on projects for the construction and provision of third generation EPR-type nuclear reactors (1600 MWe) and the supply of fuel
- Concession projects, Morocco: advising sponsors on the concession projects of water, electricity and sanitation services in Casablanca, Tangiers, Tetouan and Rabat
- African Petroleum Producers’ Association, Africa: advising the APPA on conducting a comparative study of the regimes applicable to hydrocarbons and drafting a model contract for the sharing of production applicable to the 16 member states
Strong activity in Africa, where the team represents states, sponsors and lenders in projects in a variety of sectors including energy, water and waste, mining and infrastructure. Best known for advising on project development and public litigation. Also active in Europe, Asia and the Americas. 'Gide has a very experienced team in a lot of areas, but also particularly in the PPP space. The lawyers are very skilled and knowledgeable in PPP, they understand the governments and are able to give advisory support. They did a great job and I'd hire them again.'
Chambers Europe 2016
A key player for project finance and PPP work, especially in the infrastructure sector. Broad experience also covers projects related to nuclear and renewable energy, oil and gas, mining and waste and water treatment. In addition to significant activity on projects throughout Africa, advises on matters in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
'Highly commercial and solution-oriented.'
Chambers Europe 2014