In civil and common law alike, Gide acts at all stages of project financing operations, be they public, private or partnerships: transaction structuring, drafting and negotiating documentation, choosing and putting in place guarantees suited to the project, executing contracts, refinancing and restructuring existing project financings.
Gide handles all issues related to the bankability of project contracts, as well as those related to the granting of risks borne by the various actors on the project, and advises all actors on project financing operations, including public bodies, sponsors, investment funds, commercial banks, credit-export agencies, development banks, multilateral lenders and international financial institutions.
Gide puts in place financing structures that draw on all types of structured finance techniques: asset financing, LBOs, Islamic financing, property financing, securitisation, restructuring, bond issues, derivatives or capital markets. Gide sets itself apart thanks to the extraordinary technical knowledge of its financing practitioners, its ability to involve teams displaying in-depth knowledge of related topics (real estate, PPP, tax etc.) and the sectors involved, as well as innovative capacity.
Considerable practice specialised in public and administrative law. Active in public procurement, PPP, energy, public property and urban planning. Advises clients in both the public and private sectors.
Chambers Europe 2016
- Music Centre of Ile Seguin: advising a bidding consortium on the preparation of contractual and financial documentation for the PPP transaction
- Eiffarie/APRR, France: advising two banking syndicates on the refinancing of the Eiffage and Macquarie debt contracted for the acquisition of motorway company APRR (3.5 billion euros)
- Ashegoda wind farm, Ethiopia: advising banks (commercial banks, credit-export agency and multilateral lenders) on the financing of a wind farm’s construction in Ethiopia (210 million euros)
- Dakar airport, Senegal: advising the government on the financing of Dakar’s new international airport (500 million euros)
- Malé airport, Maldives: advising an international organisation and the Maldives government on the concession of the international airport
- A63 motorway, France: advising sponsors on financing the A63 concession project (1.14 billion euros)
- Oil, France: advising Maurel & Prom on the 350 million USD financing secured by oil reserves in Colombia and Congo
- Cogeneration, Russia: advising Mosenergo on the implementation of export financing worth 186 million euros for the supply and installation by Alstom of a 420MW-turnkey cogeneration unit
Gide is involved in high-profile international power and energy projects in Africa. The practice is also advising the IFC on a water production and treatment facilities project at Kigali in Rwanda, and is handling high-end projects in Brazil and the UK, as well as several airport rehabilitation projects globally. The firm also ranks among the key players for energy and infrastructure projects in France. John Crothers, François Krotoff and Stéphane Vernay are the key contacts for international projects. Thomas Courtel and Bénédicte Mazel are recommended for projects in France.
Legal 500 EMEA 2016