Our Banking & Credit team, present throughout the world, acts on all types of financing: corporate financing, acquisition financing (listed or non-listed companies, LBO, MBO, MBI and other leveraged acquisition operations, whether for senior lenders, Mezzanine lenders or borrowers), syndicated loans, asset financing (buildings, vehicles, ships, aircraft, equipment, stocks, raw materials and any other type of asset), export credits, financing of projects and leasing operations, and offers bespoke solutions to its clients. Our Banking & Credit team is highly active in terms of debt restructuring/renegotiation, acquisition or sale of receivables portfolios and Islamic financial practices.
- Advising two banking syndicates comprising 24 banks for the refinancing of APRR (Autoroutes Paris-Rhin-Rhône)-Eiffarie’s debt, amounting to EUR 3.5 billion
- Advising arrangers on the only mortgage bond issues conducted in France
- Advising arrangers on the refinancing of the Groupe du Louvre’s budget hotels portfolio
- Advising the arranger on financing the construction and exploitation of the Ashegoda windfarm in Ethiopia
- Blaise-Diagne international airport (Dakar) / Project financing (BOT): advising on financing the construction of a new airport in Dakar, Senegal
The ‘very reliable’ practice at Gide Loyrette Nouel has ‘great expertise and is very good at managing tricky situations’. The ‘business-oriented’ team has a comprehensive range of expertise, including complementary regulatory, capital markets and litigation experience. The practice advises leading banks and corporations on the largest corporate and leveraged financing deals [...]. The real estate finance practice is also top notch. Key figures in the team include leading ‘reference’ Eric Cartier-Millon and counsel Thomas Binet for corporate and LBO financing work, as well as property finance specialists Kamel Ben Salah and Rémi Tabbagh.
Legal 500 EMEA 2016
The banking and finance practice at Gide is one of the finest in France, and had a very busy period over the last 12 months. Notable transactions include work for the Lactalis Group in connection with its €5 billion refinancing. Another large cap transaction saw the firm represent Veolia Environment in connection with the establishment of a multicurrency revolving facility. A further transactional highlight was work for car hire company Europcar, as it sought to refinance its debt in connection with its IPO on the Euronext Paris. Finally, in acquisition finance the firm represented the lenders in connection to the financing for the acquisition by Swiss investment fund Partners Group, Eurazeo and Bridgepoint of French real estate group Foncia.